Hours: Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
30 minutes for Lunch break.
Compensation: based on experience
- Vacation: Vacation hours are accumulated as a function of time worked.
- Personal/Sick: Personal/Sick hours are also accumulated as a function of time worked.
- Holidays: 6 holidays per year – New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Health Insurance: Harvard Pilgrim (employee single policy) paid after 3 months of employment.
- Retirement Plan: Eligibility for enrollment in the NEEMSC 401(k) Retirement Plan with Unified Trust can start 1 year after Employment Start Date.
Employment Start Date: ?as soon as available.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently and complete all tasks with a minimum of direct supervision
Scope of Duties:
New England Equine Medical & Surgical Center is looking for a skilled Office Coordinator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office, management and clerical tasks. This person will be an integral part in ensuring that the front office operates smoothly and efficiently in supporting the veterinary practice.
A successful office coordinator is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. He/she will be comfortable dealing with people and being able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization to support the veterinarians and technicians.
- Answer phone calls and direct scheduling operations
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain computerized files and records with effective filing systems
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, collecting payment, sending notes and invoices on time, etc.)
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the offic
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities and maintain and track the accounts receivables
- Deal with customer complaints or issues and help to manage these with clinicians
- Monitor office supply inventory and place orders (minimal duties)
- Assist in vendor relationship management
- Proficient in scheduling both field, clinic and ophthalmology appointments and able to map out efficiency of farm calls.
- Take payment over phone, in person and maintainquotes associated with procedures performed.
- Help get clients medications to pick up after discussing with Doctors.
- Understand the HVMS computer system and be able to problem solve using HVMS support.
- Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Team player
- Experience in customer service will be a plus
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems (HVMS) and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Associate’s/College degree; BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is a plus.